If you are a member of the Society, you may be eligible for a grant.
Applications should be for support of research or study in any areas of astronomy and geophysics, including, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Study or research projects
- Educational projects
- Activities to do with the history of astronomy and geophysics
- Purchase of temporary help for a particular task
- Support of the applicant or others for a research or educational purpose, including research overseas (where some contribution to education in the destination country may be required)
- Purchase of instruments
- Support of meetings
- Travel to conferences or expeditions
- Support of the Norman Lockyer Observatory
- Calculations of accurate orbits in the solar system
- Study of sunspots.
Find out more about the wide range of grants available form the RAS here.